Before you buy a Japanese bedding set, it’s important to know the following points:
- Size. Japanese bedding is available in various sizes, just like mattresses. Measure up before buying any bedding to ensure that it suits your needs. You should also decide whether you need a 4 piece bedding set or a smaller one.
- Purpose. Are you using Japanese bedding as a daily mattress? A backup? If you’re planning to use it daily, you should match it to your sleeping needs. For a backup mattress, choose one that’s comfy enough for general use.
- Firmness. Japanese bedding is available in soft, medium, and firm options. Soft and plush bedding is comfy, but you should opt for a firmer choice if you want excellent back support.
- Sleeping position. Your sleeping position will affect the mattress firmness you need to get. For example, back sleepers require bedding with medium firmness.
Benefits & Advantages of Japanese bedding set
- Healthy. Japanese bedding sets are often made of hypoallergenic natural fibers. It’s gentler on your nose and skin, not to mention that it will last for years.
- Breathable. Japanese bedding provides excellent ventilation, so it doesn’t feel too hot to sleep on during the summer months. You can also use it on top of your current mattress for added comfort.
- Perfect for children. Japanese bedding is often used on the floor, which is safe for children. It prevents falls without compromising your comfort level.
- Excellent for guests. A Japanese bedding set is excellent if you always have guests. Unlike thin foams, Japanese bedding is easy to store and will remain comfortable to sleep on.